Walking back from the University today I came across over 100 monks outside the National Stadium for a retreat event. I thought this picture (taken in the major shopping district) speaks to how modern Bangkok has amalgamated religious ideology with modern life. Buddhist monks are still highly respected in Thai society.
- The Crowd Who Would Be King. Is Tech making government any better? foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/… 4 days ago
- RT "@dmeforpeace: What works in the field of #peacebuilding? Check out this new resources to learn more bit.ly/1tZLnOO" 1 week ago
- RT @UNRWA: 81,000 distraught civilians are now taking shelter from the relentless violence in 61 #UNRWA schools in #Gaza. 1 week ago
- RT @UNHCRUK: Total no. of registered #Syria'n #refugees now exceeds 2.9 million. A nation is haemorrhaging with no end in sight. http://t.… 1 week ago
- RT @pcdnetwork: Share 'Mediators Beyond Borders International (MBB) : 7th Congress, in Bucharest' #in internationalpeaceandconflict.org/forum/topic/sh… 1 week ago
- ADR Afghanistan Appreciative Inquiry Bangkok Chulalongkorn University Comprehensive Peace Agreement Concepts and Vales of Peace Conflict Studies Conflict Conflict Analysis Conflict map conflict models conflict resolution conflict sensitivity conflict transformation Conflict Triangle Contemporary Conflict Resolution DDR Demobilization dialogue Disarmament diversity Do No Harm Edward Azar Elise Boulding Fragile States Gacaca Genocide Heifer International Human Rights Human Trafficking International Alert IRD Jonas Gahr Støre Kathmandu landmines Mae Sot MBB mediaiton mediation mediator Mediators Beyond Borders Migrant Labour Miki Jacevic negotiation Nepal Non Violence Northern Ireland Open Space Technology peace Peacebuilding peacekeeper Peace Monitoring Pokhara post-war recovery Protracted Social Conflict Reconstruction Reintegration Rotary Rotary International rotary peace centre Rotary Peace Fellow Rotary Peace Fellows Rotary World Peace Fellowship Rwanda Search for Common Ground Swedepeace Systemic Peacebuilding talk Theories of Change Transitional Justice Trauma UN United Nations world conflicts Yemen